Home > Windows 10 > 18 Min Boot Time

18 Min Boot Time

Contents

Fluence51 Member Posts 3 Posts 09-11-2015, 11:12 AM    #5   Did install via reset and seems to have worked. And I cannot go back because I only bought windows 8. I have a very new computer that my brother put together for me that has 320Gb hard drive and 1Gb RAM. I did a reset of the system by holding down the Power Button for 4 seconds and booting it back up...this time it went in about twelve seconds...So i rebooted it this contact form

Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community. Please post in the forums so others may benefit as well.Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators Back to top #9 ekafrawy ekafrawy Topic Starter Members 16 posts OFFLINE Local Thanks!!! When actually shutting down it takes a little over a minute after being tweaked. (All unnecessary services have been disabled.)John Flag Permalink This was helpful (0) Collapse - Under 1 minute https://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/20235-very-slow-45-min-boot.html

Windows 10 Takes 10 Minutes To Boot

Reply Share Share this post on Digg Del.icio.us Technorati Twitter Wybrem Member Posts 5 Posts 09-11-2015, 03:49 PM #8   Wow, my desktop boots within 20 seconds. and I went on Google, Google Plus, Facebook, Youtube. If a clean install didn't work then I would of recommended returning the device. Amazon Acer Aspire E 15.6" Laptop: i3 7100U, 1TB, 4GB DDR4, Windows 10 Only $330 Amazon All times are GMT -5.

• you need to log out, not shutdown, and leave it at the login prompt overnight.
  • Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post.
  • I also disabled everything non essential from starting using MSCONFIG.
  • I run Windows Repair Registry Pro to clean and defrag the registry at least once a week, takes only a couple of minutes for the app to do what it needs.
  • Once you have it installed run it twice in safe mode as the product suggests and see if that doesn't improve things.
  • The system seems to freeze after logging in and the desktop may not appear or will freeze for a minute.
  • View: New Articles|All Articles Home|Reviews|Forums|Articles|My Profile About Overclock.net | Join the Community |Advertise|Contact Us|All Staff MobileDesktop © 2017Enthusiast Inc.
  • by Mergatroid Mania / January 16, 2011 11:55 AM PST In reply to: Srt Missed some specs That's amazing.
  • Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner.

It takes about 12 seconds from initial bios screen to desktop. i can make it faster but this suits my usage, you have to play around and find out which programmes or functions are important to you, Zone Alarm always helped too Results 1 to 11 of 11 4Likes Top All This Page 1 Post By stevesu 1 Post By ttsoldier 2 Post By Fluence51 LinkBack LinkBack URL About LinkBacks   Bookmark & Boot Time Windows 10 Does anyone have any advice?

I am running Win XP as my OS. Windows 10 Takes 30 Minutes To Boot I've thought of a clean install for a few days, but it's always tricky and time consuming to configure everything again. I purchased a new Dell XPS-8700 about a month ago, and just the other day took the leap and upgraded to Windows 10. I had Windows running alongside with my Apples for years, and the Macs have always been superior in every way, though I must admit to a fondness for a torqued-up 486

File not foundO18 - Protocol\Handler\linkscanner {F274614C-63F8-47D5-A4D1-FBDDE494F8D1} - C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG10\avgpp.dll (AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.)O20:64bit: - HKLM Winlogon: Shell - (explorer.exe) - C:\Windows\explorer.exe (Microsoft Corporation)O20:64bit: - HKLM Winlogon: VMApplet - (SystemPropertiesPerformance.exe) - Windows 10 20 Minutes To Boot In a roundabout way he might be onto something. Your Macs STILL waiting for TRIM support....way superior.Talk about biased. All Rights Reserved Tom's Hardware Guide ™ Ad choices CNET Reviews Best Products CNET 100 Appliances Audio Cameras Cars Desktops Drones Headphones Laptops Networking Phones Printers Smart Home Tablets TVs Virtual

Windows 10 Takes 30 Minutes To Boot

What you report is indicative of need for a reformat and reinstal... http://www.laptopmag.com/articles/speed-windows-10-boot-time Overclock.net›Forums›Software, Programming and Coding›Operating Systems›Windows›How can I reduce this 3 min boot time? Windows 10 Takes 10 Minutes To Boot I deleted these files but it hasn't changed anything. Windows 10 Takes 20 Minutes To Boot They are probably on the black vipers web site but I'm not 100% sure.

Still unusable for three more minutes or so. weblink I also have 92% free on this wonderful machine, therefore it boots up quickly. http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/K56CA/specifications/ techtechieJul 11, 2014, 4:29 AM or maybe just maybe your hdd is going bad find a software to test it. I do know that you need to run the SFC command from an elevated command windows or it won't show any results. Windows 10 Takes Minutes To Boot

OS: Windows 10 Pro Quote moondoggy View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message Member Joined : Aug 2015 Pace, Florida Posts : 74 Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 10240 Multiprocessor Free There are free apps to do this. Windows Central Best of 2016 Awards < > Best Laptops Best Antivirus Lumia 950 XL Lumia 950 Surface Book Surface Pro 4 Windows 10 Tip us on News! navigate here Codeekian5Aug 15, 2013, 10:19 PM BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\ntoskrnl.exeBOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\hal.dllBOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\kd.dllBOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\mcupdate_AuthenticAMD.dllBOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\CLFS.SYSBOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\tm.sysBOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\PSHED.dllBOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\BOOTVID.dllBOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\CI.dllBOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\msrpc.sysBOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\Wdf01000.sysBOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\WDFLDR.SYSBOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\acpiex.sysBOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\WppRecorder.sysBOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\ACPI.sysBOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\WMILIB.SYSBOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\msisadrv.sysBOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\pci.sysBOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\cng.sysBOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\tpm.sysBOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\WdBoot.sysBOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\vdrvroot.sysBOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\pdc.sysBOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\partmgr.sysBOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\spaceport.sysBOOTLOG_LOADED

Freaked me out....I had purchased several licenses directly from Microsoft. Windows 10 Slow Boot Up Computer Type: PC/Desktop System Manufacturer/Model Number: Custom build OS: Windows 10 Pro / Windows 10 TP / Windows 8.1 Pro / Windows 7 Pro CPU: i5-6500 Motherboard: Gigabyte B150-HD3P-CF Memory: 16GB Reply Share Share this post on Digg Del.icio.us Technorati Twitter HeyCori Mod Emeritus Posts 6,068 Posts 09-11-2015, 11:29 AM #7   Originally Posted by ttsoldier Clean install.

Back to top #10 etavares etavares Bleepin' Remover Malware Response Instructor 15,492 posts OFFLINE Gender:Male Local time:02:52 PM Posted 23 June 2011 - 05:02 PM Great!

It takes me under 1 minute and 30 seconds.System Specs:Windows Vista Home PremiumIntel Centrino Duo2GB ram1GB readyboost flash drive (I have a feeling it has a lot to do with my Best thing I ever did, since I hardly ever leave a computer on. You should return it--if possible? Windows 10 Slow Boot Black Screen solved Windows 8.1 takes forever to boot, has 100% disk usage for up to 5 minutes after boot, random DU spikes Media files keep crashing even after clean install of windows

Windows Central Forums All News Stories Phone News Surface News Windows News Xbox News MSFT News Apps Games Reviews Virtual Reality Help & How To Question & Answer Contests Shop Accessories Corrupted files may have occurred when you added all those files and folders. Not a dent in the boot. - Ran a chkdsk on all three disks. his comment is here I did have a note to check on the status of Windows as the log showed it may not be recognized as genuine.Try to Validate your Windows software with this link.

It seemed to me that when you run SFC /SCANNOW from an elevated command prompt (i.e. Any haelp would be greatly appriciated. Disruptive posting: Flaming or offending other usersIllegal activities: Promote cracked software, or other illegal contentOffensive: Sexually explicit or offensive languageSpam: Advertisements or commercial links Submit report Cancel report Track this discussion Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.

Codeekian5Aug 14, 2013, 9:16 PM Cheopis said: I'm wondering if your BIOS might be losing data. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.Push the button.Push Step 3If you boot into Safe Mode, does it take that long to log in?etavares If I don't respond Raywashere889Jul 10, 2014, 9:00 PM Updated all drivers and ran a test on the hard drive. If you're interested in Linux, particularly as a potential Windoze switcher, I recommend you take a look over at mepis.org and learn about this extraordinary OS.

Click "Choose what the power button does." 5. Before I did the reformat, I would download and run the hard drive manufacturer's drive testing software... Click Save Changes.