XP Pro Splash Screen Hang
Windows Xp Loading Screen Forever
System File Checker (SFC) is one of the functions, which support WFP. Sounds like your ticket to an upgrade. I've heard worse excuses for replacing a machine... 0 Thai Pepper OP Buz Apr 22, 2014 at 8:33 UTC Sounds like a Upgrade Non-Profit Network Updating a very antiquated network at local church to more modern environment.
- About three restarts after the printer was installed, the pc started hanging at the splash screen.
- aford10Dec 12, 2010, 6:36 AM If this is your model, it looks like there are 2 BIOS updates.http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=228&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=385148#N2997 kman1981Dec 13, 2010, 8:41 PM Its the intel version of the BIOS.
- Start your computer hitting F8 as you do to get into Safe Mode.
- The system returned: (22) Invalid argument The remote host or network may be down.
- Accept the License Agreement and Windows will search for existing Windows installations.
- These are pretty standard options:/noexecute=optin /fastdetect kman1981Dec 6, 2010, 10:47 PM Its still hanging up at the load screen in normal mode and it still stops at mup.sys in safe mode....
- What to do with a student coming to class in revealing clothing, to the degree that it disrupts the teaching environment?
- I've tried safe mode and that wouldnt work either.
- Click View->Choose Columns and make sure all column headers are checked.
- So, for example, if an entry has Startup Type = Automatic it is always started during normal startup.
Everest ~ DBAN ~ UBCD4WIN ~ ImgBurn ~ Memtest86+ ~ HDD Diags 05-03-2011, 05:54 PM #17 boweasel Registered Member Join Date: Jun 2008 Posts: 55 OS: xp pro When I try safe mode, it hangs up on mup.sys. No luck here I see .HDD & RAM both ok ? Windows Xp Freezes On Startup I'm just going to wipe it and reinstall. 0 Tabasco OP DanLong Apr 22, 2014 at 8:39 UTC LarryG.
Throw away a perfectly good laptop just because it didn't comes with disks? Windows Xp Hangs On Startup After The Windows Logo Shows he says my mother board is corrupt and changed it and now its working fine ! :) cheers :) Report Hacker- May 16, 2014 at 12:10 PM Go to safe mode Once you've started in Safe Mode w/net can you do a restart and normal startup after disabling startup programs while in Safe Mode? I chatted with tech support from Seagate and they mention I should try and install the recovery drivers.
The computer had the same issue however with the new hard drive. Windows Xp Hangs After Startup Run a chkdsk and sfc /scannow from the command prompt and see if it comes back with anything. 0 Mace OP Chamele0n Apr 22, 2014 at 5:20 UTC Has a copy of sptd.sys reappeared? As long as the product key is unique to my laptop what is the big deal?
Windows Xp Hangs On Startup After The Windows Logo Shows
That link has quite a few tidbits. When booting windows XP in safe mode the last driver that shows loaded is mup.sys. Windows Xp Loading Screen Forever This explains more. Windows Xp Stuck On Welcome Screen Those would be of the most interest.
What I did : restored to a previous restore point (successfully). check over here jcgriff2 ` __________________ BSOD Posting Instructions - Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista `` ` `Driver Reference Table (DRT) jcgriff2 BSODs ▫ Hex Date Conversion Microsoft MVP 2009-2015 05-03-2011, 02:14 I have already tried most of the fixes from the mup.sys link. You may also... Windows Xp Stuck On Windows Is Starting Up Screen
Then do manual copies to a memory stick Bottom line is no guarantee you come out from under this without full or partial loss of data. XP REPAIR INSTALL - print this for easier use. I am sure there are many members more experienced than me that can answer this. his comment is here Still some more to say..
Join the community Back I agree current community blog chat Super User Meta Super User your communities Sign up or log in to customize your list. Windows Xp Stuck At Splash Screen Hm, rings a bell! kman1981Dec 8, 2010, 12:52 AM I might have one laying around somewhere.
It was working fine with Win XP Pro and I installed a windows update, restarted and now it wont load past the splash screen (loading bar just keeps moving).
Computer freezes at Windows XP startup screen Started by Secksorcist , Nov 09 2012 06:38 PM Please log in to reply 3 replies to this topic #1 Secksorcist Secksorcist Members 8 But, if in case I don't or I forget, and I don't post back within 24 hours, please PM me. Ditto the mobo. Windows Xp Won't Boot Into Safe Mode double click the $uninstall folder for the last update.
Please contact them and inquire about obtaining a replacement set of recovery disc(s). Probably your best bet. Is there any way to open that? weblink Go to the Boot.ini tab.
Could someone have a look at the DDS and GMER logs for me and advise on the best way forward. ComboFix 11-04-03.03 - jats5 04/04/2011 13:48:01.1.4 - x64... Tom's Hardware Around the World Tom's Hardware Around the World Denmark Norway Finland Russia France Turkey Germany UK Italy USA Subscribe to Tom's Hardware Search the site Ok About Tom's Hardware For the past couple days, my computer has slowed down.
I did the windows repair but that was before I formatted and re-installed Windows. I had one PC (with XP) that got stuck occasionally on the loading screen, the problem then got more frequent and it finally started to stop at different points immediately after Accessing the console with that disk I have done 2 chkdsk /f runs. I already paid for the product and the license and the product key.
Thank you so far. This is usually added to the Registry in the UnInstall key.